We encourage all Atlanta Vergers to attend
For comprehensive information on the Conference
To register for the Conference
To book a room at the Marriott Marquis
During the Winter Assembly Business Assembly, there was confusion regarding the conference details. Below is a summary of key information:
- The 29th Annual VGEC Conference will be held October 12 -15, 2017.
- Registration is $225.00 to attend the entire Conference (Thurs -Sun)
- It is required that all registrants be members of VGEC.
- It is preferred that Diocese of Atlanta Vergers are Chapter Members of the MEG Chapter.
- Registration includes dinner on Thursday, lunch on Friday and reception and banquet on Saturday.
- The practice that the VGEC has followed for years is that members’ and guests’ rate for the Conference is the same. The expense of the Conference is not in the cost of the sessions. The expense is in the food, transportation, decorations, snacks, welcome bags, the banquet, and other expenses that are common to everyone.
- Only the Thursday Evensong, Friday Holy Eucharist, and Sunday Holy Eucharist are open to the public
- Conference Headquarters is the Marriott Marquis
- Registration and Exhibit Hall
- All workshops and business sessions
- Reception and banquet
- All conference provided transportation originates from and returns to the Marriott Marquis
- If you choose to stay at the Marriott Marquis
- Registrants are eligible for the steeply discounted room rates ($135 vs. $259+).
- Discounted parking rates are available for registrants.
- Riding MARTA to and from the Marriott Marquis is recommended.